Thursday, November 30, 2006

Oldie But Goodie Alert -- Peppermint Bark Rounds

I just got my Williams Sonoma catalog and was astounded to find peppermint bark selling for $24 a pound (or get two pounds on sale for $39) plus shipping.

Making your own is easy to do by yourself or with the kids and, trust me, tastes as good and costs a lot less than the catalog version.

Want to make it a more luxe? Use a high quality chocolate (maybe the See's semisweet chocolate chips I reviewed).

Here's link to the original post last year and the directions.

Blog Appetit!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

MMM...I love peppermint Bark! I just found a recipe that uses peppermint bark trees ( via cookie cutter) for decoration on top of a christmas cake...I think I am going to try it next week!

janelle said...

Peppermint Bark! I just posted a recent article on the yummy stuff, too--I didn't have it as a child but my kiddos love it!

I went to this little artisans fair and a woman was selling 1/2 cup worth of peppermint bark for $8. I hope she didn't see the expression on my face when I read her price:).

It makes the most wonderful gift!