Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Buenos Aires Photo of the Day - My First Empanada in Argentina


This is a photo of my very first empanada eaten in Buenos Aires -- a verdura beauty stuffed with greens and cheese at El San Juanino (which I've written about before in the tourist tips here and here is a link with some pix of the outside of the restaurant). It is located in Recoleta, at 1515 Posadas, and as one poster on a forum pointed out, is probably the cheapest (and possibly tastiest) restaurant in that upscale neighborhood.

I have a lot more to say about empanadas including my cooking class and my own adaptions, but don't have the time to post more now. But watch for more on the topic!

2 comments:

Cate O'Malley said...

Looks delicious - can't wait to hear more about your trip!

FJKramer said...

Thanks, Cate.
The downside of leaving for 2 weeks -- catching up with all the work! But I hope to get up to speed with B.A. as well as Well Fed soon!
Faith