Thursday, October 13, 2005

Publications, Prizes and Other Vanities

Prizes/Honors:

Slashfood's Editor's Choice Award for my two-part post on selecting and cooking with pumpkins (and recipes for mini-pumpkin pies and pumpkin chili in its Great Pumpkin Day Competition.

Named one of the top 100 food blogs by Indivily on 8/12. Website is defunct. See contents of post at the Wayback Machine internet archive. https://web.archive.org/web/20120810022128/http://www.indivly.com/post/food/top-100-food-bloggers

Publications:

I write a twice-monthly cooking column in the j., the San Francisco Bay Area's Jewish newsweekly. (48,000 weekly print circulation and on line).

I have contributed to Olive, a BBC food publication in Britain.

I wrote nine articles totalling about 13,000 words ranging from the history and business outlook for pickles to diet food and obesity and how food businesses use the internet for marketing for the Encyclopedia of the Food Business (Greenwood Press).

I am a contributer to Molly O'Neill's One Big Table cookbook.

I have posted many, many pieces on Well Fed Network, including a year-long series on tasting See's Candies. (Note the Well Fed links are broken.  Some posts can be recovered via the Way Back Machine.)

I write a monthly food column for the Temple Beth Abraham (Oakland, CA) publication The Omer.

You can always see what I have written for others by checking the See What I Wrote category in the right hand side sidebar of the blog.

Selected Web Mentions:

Laexaminer.com -- Recipes for the Passover Jewish Holiday
One of the Mushroom Channel's recipes of the week (10.16.09)
Included in Ready Made Magazine's web roundup of fish stews (11.30.10)
My Chanukah wrap up was featured in BlogHer on 12.13.11
Included in About.com Guide to Eastern European Food for my stuffed cabbage meat loaf recipe (1.10.12)
The same recipe was featured as a Super Bowl party contender on 2.3.12
Canadian Jewish News Passover favorites - 3.23.12
Chanukah Cocktails featured on thedailymeal.com -- 12.6.12

Updated: 1.27.18

No comments: